We’re pleased to announce the publication of our latest case study surrounding our work with a large electronics chain in Western Canada – Visions Electronics.
In late 2014, Vision Electronics, a retail chain of 32 electronic superstores, began looking for ways to increase revenue streams and diversify its AV support offerings across its retail, commercial, and custom solutions business units.
After speaking with numerous vendors, the Visions team visited Peerless-AV’s headquarters in Aurora, IL and met with the Customer Experience Team comprised of Sales, Marketing, Product Development, and Customer Solutions experts.
Through this meeting, Visions identified its needs:
- Retail Products: Visions needed a product that was proprietary with protected model numbers, not widely available in Canadian retail, and that could not be price-shopped online.
- Marketing and Sales Support: Visions was seeking a true marketing and sales partner in order to best promote its products.
- Category Expansion: Visions also wanted to grow and expand its retail AV accessories categories. With the help of Peerless-AV, they would have the opportunity to do so with multiple products, such as the UltraView™ Outdoor TV, Xtreme™ Outdoor Soundbar and PeerAir™ Wireless Solutions.
- B2B Consolidation: To satisfy its commercial business, Visions required a supplier that could efficiently and consistently provide the needed inventory to support customer demands in a timely fashion. Peerless-AV offered easy and immediate access to a plethora of commercial products, such as video wall mounts, kiosks, and even outdoor TVs/displays, and purchasing through a single source streamlined costs.
- Customized Solutions: Though not sold in stores, Peerless-AV’s line of kiosks was also instrumental to Visions’ commercial business. A strong selling point for Visions was Peerless-AV’s electric vehicle charging stations created for Volta.
With Peerless-AV meeting all of these needs, the Sales team worked closely with Visions to determine the correct product mix that would fit its customer base while also allowing for growth. Once the products were determined, Visions worked with the Marketing team to best promote the products through materials such as POS banners, packaging, etc.
As of early 2017, Visions had already seen a substantial increase in both commercial and retail business. By consolidating to only one supplier, the company also saw a decrease in internal spending. Visions has benefited from a lift in sales in the eight months that Peerless-AV products have been on its sales floors, as well. Additionally, the B2B division has seen tremendous growth.
To view the full case study, please visit: https://www.peerless-av.com/sites/default/files/Visions-Case-Study.pdf