The Digital Signage Expo is one of the biggest events on the Peerless-AV calendar. This year, we collaborated with BrightSign, Insteo and Philips Commercial to create a ‘Social Buzz’ wall and Entry Archway to give attendees a proper first impression.
Once DSE 2014 kicked off, we presented some of the latest Peerless-AV product offerings, including a few unveilings live at our booth. Brian McClimans presented a preview of what was in store for DSE 2014, but here are some more details about the most innovative products at our booth.
- Weatherproof Xtreme displays that are IP68 rated to perform in temps ranging from -40°F to +140°F
- Fade-resistant outdoor kiosk constructed of aluminum and steel
- Topper and sidekick supports can display promotional items via Coroplast® and magnetic digital prints
- One-display, two-display or four-display configurations also available for a customized solution
- Landscape (DS-VW765-LQR) and portrait (DS-VW765-PQR) configurations for displays as large as 65″ with a weight of up to 125 lbs.
- Large format mount (DS-VW795-QR) rated for displays as large as 95″ and 225 lbs.
- Quick-release functionality allows for the display to articulate away from recessed wall applications
- Custom wall plate spacers save time by eliminating onsite calculations
- Eight points of tool-less micro adjustment
SmartMount™ Digital Menu Board Mounts
- Landscape (DS-MBZ642L, DS-MBZ647L) configurations for 40″-42″ and 46″-47″ displays and portrait (DS-MBZ647P) configurations for 42″-47″ displays
- Eight points of tool-less micro adjustment, including vertical, horizontal and depth
- Simplified ordering & budgeting with one-mount-to-one-display setup
- Connecting wall plates make installation easier and more cost effective
- Broadcasts HD content to an unlimited number of DTVs with just an over-the-air antenna and ATSC tuner
- Propagates signals within a radius of 350 feet
- Accepts content from computers or media players with IP transport stream output capabilities
Outdoor Portrait Kiosk
- Implements heating and air conditioning
- Fully sealed dustproof and waterproof and tested to IP56 and NEMA 4X
- Thermoelectric module makes filter replacement a thing of the past
- Quieter than other outdoor condenser enclosures on the market
- Offers the ability to be fully integrated with a display, media player and software
In addition to these products, Peerless-AV and the Digital Signage Federation (DSF) also co-sponsored the 2014 Apex and Content Awards that were given out during DSE 2014 at the 5th Annual Awards Dinner on Wednesday, February 12. These awards recognized projects that were significant in 11 different applications.
Brian McClimans also presented his workshop titled “Practical Applications for Interactive Kiosks,” where he explained the best practices that pertain to considering or specifying interactive kiosks. These practices touched on display size and touch technology selection, simple delivery solutions development and best placement practices.
There’s a lot of buzz about Peerless-AV coming out of DSE 2014. DailyDOOH interviewed Brian McClimans about the digital signage industry and Peerless-AV’s partnership with display manufacturers, which helps keep costs down while offering easy-to-use solutions. He also spoke with Sports Video Group about the new weather- and wind-rated sealed displays that Peerless-AV had on hand at our booth.
Commercial Integrator named the Xtreme Triple Outdoor Digital Menu Board as one of their 22 impressive products at DSE 2014. Mass Transit Magazine also recognized the menu board as one of the products that created a rumbling at this year’s Digital Signage Expo.
What product showcased at DSE 2014 are you the most excited for? Please let us know in the comments section below!